What is Brightcove Player?
The Brightcove Player is a high-performance, cross-platform HTML5-first video player that loads quickly, delivers high-quality adaptive bitrate HLS video across desktop and mobile platforms, and integrates with our favorite advertising and analytics systems.
Brightcove Player version:
- Pre-release: None
- HTML-5 First — The UI of the new Brightcove Player is written entirely in HTML5, and relies on Flash only on older browsers, enabling a consistent look and behavior across mobile and desktop devices.
- Responsive — The default player skin is responsive by default and will automatically resize to fit changing web layouts, while maintaining the aspect ratio of the video.
- Fast Load — With instant load and extremely fast time to first frame, viewers are immediately engaged with your content.
Player type comparison
There are three different player types that make up the player environment for Brightcove. They are:
Brightcove Player (Players module in Studio): A video player developed by Brightcove that uses Video.js as the underlying player framework. While you can use Video.js by itself, most of the time you’re going to want to combine it with additional plugins and customizations. Brightcove cultivates the plugins, manages their compatibility, and keeps it all up to date as time goes on. The Brightcove Player forms the basis for all Brightcove video experiences.
Brightcove Player: The high performance service for creating and managing video player experiences. Designed to serve the needs of the world’s leading video publishers, Brightcove combines the Brightcove Player, the leading cross-platform HTML5-first video player, with a robust set of player management APIs and performance optimization services. Brightcove’s Native iOS and Android SDKs are also included.
- First we need a video cloud account.
- Any Plain text editor will work. An editor such as Atom, Chocolate, Visual Studio Code etc
- To access Video Cloud Studio, navigate to: https://studio.brightcove.com. Sign in with your email address and password.
Let’s see an example of a video which run in backgrond three times after three times the autoplay should be stopped.
After publishing the video from video cloud account we will get the url of our video in cdn form like this put that url just before the body enclose tag like this
Here is raw html for video
now add a css code in our css file for this video
Brightcove has it’s own build-in method which we can implement in our solution. For example dispose(). This function destroy the video player and does the necessary cleanup. For more methods we can see here for reference https://docs.brightcove.com/brightcove-player/1.x/Player.html.
After applying these effects that’s how it will be look like
For example please see below reference https://player.support.brightcove.com/code-samples/index.html
Pros of Brightcove player
- Ability to customize players.
- Easy-to-use interface and app.
Cons of Brightcove player
- Reporting is pretty limited.
- You have to pay for 24/7 support.
Brightcove player is supported by all major browser like google chrome, mozilla firefox, safari, internet explorer and IE11.